One of our travel consultants, Pari, recently took some time to explore Siem Reap and Koh Samui – read below for her thoughts!
CAMBODIA – Siem Reap
- Where did you stay? – Le Meridien Siem Reap
- What was a unique experience that you had? – Cambodian food is extremely different from the other Asian countries and mainly consists of BBQ’s.
- What tips would you give for someone travelling to Cambodia? – The best travel tip would be to carry USD and don’t change your money to local currency as everything from the Tuk Tuk to drinks to food is all priced in USD.
- Would you go back in the future? – I would definitely visit Cambodia again and explore more of this culturally rich country .
- What kind of traveller would Siem Reap be suitable for? – Cambodia has so much to offer; it is a perfect family holiday and independent traveler destination.
THAILAND – Koh Samui
- Where did you stay? – Akaryn Beach Resort and Spa in the Bo Phut area of Koh Samui
- What was a unique experience that you had? – The most unique experience was travelling by train from Bangkok to Surat Thani and then catching a ferry to Koh Samui (the trains are an excellent and cheap alternative to flights especially if you are travelling in peak season). In Koh Samui we did a Elephant Trek followed by a Witch Broom Zipline through the jungle!
- What tips would you give for someone travelling to Thailand? – Shopping is cheap in Thailand but you must bargain a little as shopkeepers hike up prices for tourists
- Would you go back in the future? – Koh Samui is a small and stunning island and has a lot to offer, will definitely be visiting it again very soon.
- What kind of traveler would Thailand be suitable for? – Definitely suitable for everyone!
Looking for a trip to South East Asia? Call us on 04 343 3929 or email email@example.com to enquire!